Tag Archives: travel rucksacks
Packing for all kinds of travel can all be a little daunting. If you’re uncertain what kind of bag is best for the activities you’ll be doing, make a list of the essentials and supplies you’ll need for the duration of your trip and the day activities you have planned. There is a wide range of different bags and luggage to choose from, by planning ahead you’ll be best prepared for all eventualities on your travels.
Your list will help determine the size and functionality of the luggage you will need for your trip. There are all kinds of travellers, here are some helpful tips on bag features for the most common amongst us.
The Adventure Seeker
Exploring the great outdoors, such as hiking and camping most certainly calls for durable lightweight backpacks. These activities can be strenuous and physically demanding, so lightweight backpacks can help reduce a heavy load while providing easy access to equipment, food and water.
If you’re planning a day trip, the lightweight Caribee Trail Daypack is a very popular choice as it can carry up to 30L and has a super comfortable bio-form harness system. This system provides a utility hip belt and lumbar support making it incredibly comfortable to carry. It’s been designed for heavy duty and is hydration compatible with a concealable rain cover and cycling light loop.
For the ultra-light overnighter that is deemed equipped for comfort and adventure, consider the Jansport Talus Hiking Daypack. The padded straps and hipbelt are ventilated to keep you cool on your treks, while the compression straps keep the load from injuring your back. It has a Bungee compression system which enables you to stow a jacket or other goods externally so you can make the most of the main compartment.
If you’re seeking a performance alpine trekking rucksack, you should check out the Caribee Nevis. One of the lightest alpine backpacks on the market, it’s available in 40 & 65L and is a fully featured trekking pack made from nylon and Cordura materials. The XT harness system allows easy adjustment for the perfect fit while the internal contoured aluminium stays and back support provides ultimate comfort.
The Weekend Break
Those who enjoy regular weekend breaks need travel bags that are comfortable and versatile. There are a lot of styles and designs to choose from when packing for sightseeing on a city break or visiting a country retreat for the weekend. You should look for quality luggage that offers the right amount of storage space and won’t weigh you down.
Perhaps you’re flying away for a weekend break to a trendy city and want to stand out from the crowd? Consider treating yourself to a stylish carry-on piece of luggage by new brand SUITSUIT. These hard shell trolley cases fit in the aircraft cabin as hand luggage on all airlines including budget flights. With some really funky and colourful designs to choose from, you will be sure to stand out in style.
Sandstorm’s fantastic range of canvas and leather overnight bags, are perfect for stylish city breaks or weekends in the country. The bags are all beautifully hand crafted in tan, brown and black leather with matching water resistant cotton canvas giving them a timeless and long-lasting luxury quality.
When you’re sightseeing, it’s often easier to pack your essentials into a lightweight bag with lots of separate compartments for valuable items, such as cameras, money, travel guides and water. The heavy duty Ducti Musette Deployment bag has more than enough space to carry everything you need and is made for men and women. It’s also been recommended by the Independent for its stylish design and practical feature’s.
Got the travel bug or planning a trip of a lifetime? Investing in a high quality durable travel pack can make all the difference to your overall experience. Take into consideration your destinations and mode of transport. Your travel pack is likely to endure different climates, heavy handling, airports, trains and buses. It also needs to be the right size for your height and weight for ease of use and mobility.
Backpacks with wheels have many practical advantages. Here are a few things you might want to consider when deciding which travel pack to buy.
- Wheeled Backpacks have a very rigid back as the handles go the length of the backpack when pushed in, which enables the whole front of the backpack to be hinged on clips as with the Sky Master Series and Fast Track Series.
- The zips open all the way round like a suitcase. Those who have travelled with a top load only backpack will realise just how useful this feature is. There’s nothing worse than having to empty the entire contents of your pack to get at a piece of equipment you packed at the bottom of your top loader rucksack.
- The wheels also mean that transporting the backpack is a great deal easier than normal. It considerably reduces the strain on your upper body when you can simply wheel it around town! For those backpackers that like to go off the beaten track then the harness system is well padded and comfortable and gives good support.
The Caribee Fast Track Wheeled Rucksacks have been rigorously tested to provide the best all-in-one luggage solution. The high quality luggage is versatile, lightweight, spacious and designed with adventure in mind. Available in two sizes (75 & 85L), both with detachable day sacks, maximised packing space with internal toiletry pouch, adjustable harness system and a super lightweight aluminium trolley frame to have you speeding through the airport terminals.
Caribee Sky Master Series also gives you the choice to carry or wheel your luggage around the world. The 70 & 80L models are made from recycled polyester materials, light in weight and feature a bio-form concealable harness system. These stylish travel packs also feature a zip off detachable day pack that’s great for carry-on luggage or day trips once you reach your destination.
However, if you plan to do a lot of trekking where you will be carrying the pack most of the time then forget the wheeled backpacks and choose a good quality travel pack / rucksack instead.
For example the Caribee Akula is a great quality fully featured most versatile, travel pack with a detachable day pack for shorter trips. Available in both 65 and 75 litre sizes the Akula is fully adjustable so you can get the perfect fit.
Top of the range is the Grand Air travel pack. Available in two sizes the Grand Air is rugged and ready to roll with you when you’re going the distance.
Do you plan to go for a long holiday? If that holiday includes hiking, trekking or any other types of adventures, then you must go with the 75 litre rucksack.
Why is it considered to be the perfect traveling bag?
- The main compartment has a capacity of 65litre. Big enough to fit all your needed clothes and other big things.
- An additional storage with a capacity of 10litre is attached to enable the side pockets to expand. This is essential if you need more space for your other accessories.
- Most rucksacks come with a padded cushion, which is designed to keep your back cool even after long hours of walking. It can also be adjusted according to your preference in order to make you feel more comfortable.
- The straps of rucksacks are also padded. Its purpose is to prevent your shoulders from getting sore like other bags that have solid straps.
- Rucksacks are also attached with a waist belt and chest strap. If you’re going for hiking or for a walk at a rough road, these additional straps act as support in order to keep the rucksack tight to your body during the whole time of walking or hiking.
- The main compartment has a snow collar. In case you have to encounter a cold weather during your travel, you are assured that you are protected.
- The standard rucksacks have at least two hidden pockets. If ever you have to bring important documents with you such as visa or ATM card, you can simply hide them away in these pockets.
- It has a rain cover. When it rains, you can protect your things from getting wet.
The main reason why 75 litre rucksack is the perfect bag for a long-time travelling is that it can carry all of your things in one place. It is big enough to hold all of the essential things that you need to bring along with you in the travel including clothes, tent, water container, blanket and other personal things. It’s not too heavy since the materials used are lightweight.
What makes it even better is the lumbar support system that comes with it. Hiking or walking with a regular backpack is okay. But a rucksack with the lumbar support can transform your hiking into a more enjoyable one. The lumbar support is attached in order to give you relief from pain caused by long hours of walking. Its sole purpose is to prevent the body from any back injury or stressful pain that can result from carrying too much weight on your back. So having said that, you’ll no longer feel any discomfort at your back and this could make you focus yourself more on the fun of adventure rather than the weight of your bag.
The innovations introduced by the 75 litre rucksack is designed to give the traveler a comfortable carrying experience with the assurance that the weight of the bag is distributed evenly so that the body won’t experience any unbalanced pain after the travel.